Knowing your Circuit Capacities is Important!
When building out a data center project, power capacity can be a huge challenge. Matching the power requirements of each rack to the colocation or in-house data center’s available power circuits is tricky at best. Here are some suggestions to help in your process.
- Right-size your rack power design to fall within common circuit capacities.
- Choose a larger circuit size to eliminate the need for more than 2 power strips per rack.
- Look into 3phase circuits.
- Utilitze intelligent power strips and monitoring software to monitor the usage of power over time and to warn of potential capacity issues.
- Get a 3rd Party to sanity check your design before circuits are ordered (Hint: we can help)